Young Designers United (YDU) will launch a SOCIAL NETWORK this summer.
YDU wants to represent designers from all over the world, but we are MISSING ITALIAN designers.
Could you help us spread the word or lets us know where we can find them?
Young Designers United has the SAME MISSION as you: to PROMOTE, SUPPORT, INTERACT, CONNECT, INSPIRE and ADVISE young upcoming designers.
WHAT DOES "SOCIAL NETWORK" MEAN?
The YDU social network will become a central place for designers.
These are the key elements in supporting young designers:
* support: share success stories
* interact: exchange experiences
* promote: create a portfolio for promotion
* connect: social networking
* inspire: concept thinking about the future of design
* advise: tips about design as business, how to deal with partnerships, technical subjects
WHO CAN JOIN?
Everyone who fills in our application at www.ydu.org can join.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES FOR THE DESIGNER?
- a free personal website
- help and advice on topics that benefit the development of a designer
- the social network contains an extended search engine which allows designers to be easily found by professionals
- the 50 best designers will be put in the spotlight
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
1/ Spread the word!
- Please print and hang our A3 poster at your school!
- Send a mail to all your students. You can copy paste the text below.
Young Designers United contacted me concerning the launch of their social network.
This social network will be the perfect tool to promote yourself, to interact with others, to get feedback and advice from experts.
It might be interesting for you to join. Take the time to check out this document for more information.
2/ Participate in a select group of advisors
YDU needs your knowledge and your experience to create a special section to help designers.
With this group of advisors, we would like to discuss subjects such as:
- design as a business
- rights management, contract discussions
- icons in design
- how to market yourself
- how to get a representative, how to get gallery shows
- the different ways to get helped by institutions in each country
- international pricing.
- ways of presentation i.e. in portfolios / exhibitions etc experiences with agencies
Everybody who is willing to commit a few days time this summer to help us tacle these topics, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "YDU advisor".